As a general rule, acceptance of a check in full settlement of a disputed unliquidated claim operates as an accord and satisfaction discharging the claim. We do not see this fact pattern arise very often but you may come across this in your business dealings so take...
Litigation Focused On Getting Results For Our Clients
- Unpacking Schirmer v. Piazza: A Landmark Decision on Quiet Title Actions and Default Judgments
- Appellate Division Affirms Order Vacating 2017 Default: Real Estate Development Corp Gets a Second Chance
- Landlord- Tenant Court Bounces Case After Trial- Wrong Court
- Enforcing Judgments: Corporate Veil’s Successfully Pierced & Fraudulent Conveyances Proven.
- Cooperative Shareholder Granted Yellowstone Injunction